Saturday, April 28, 2012

mini restoration


The other day a friend of mine, Cathy, posted this picture of her sister, her mum and herself on facebook














I thought I'd take a stab at this and see what I could do. Here is the result.... 














I cleaned up some stray spots, applied the sharpen filter and made some colour, level, brightness and contrast adjustments
Cathy was surprised and please. This is what she said about it:
"there's an interesting story about that roll of film. That roll of film was from the summer of '76. I found it in a drawer in dad's workshop in 1991 took it into Japan Camera to be developed the guy said they didn't even make film like that anymore he was able to develop it, but that's why the pix were so discoloured it was like finding a time capsule! it had pix from when we left Virginia all the way across the USA...such a find!"

No comments:

Post a Comment